Ever go to a bar and wonder why you’re paying someone to stick a lime wedge and some salt on your glass when you could be at home with Netflix, your dog and a little tequila? SAME!
I’m sure we’re all missing going to our favorite restaurants and bars during this time of social distancing, but hopefully we can go back to our normal daily routines soon. In the meantime, this is a great time to focus on ourselves and practice new things like new skincare routines, new makeup techniques and even mastering becoming a better bartender.
My favorite drink is a Margarita. Margaritas make me think of sunny, relaxed afternoons outside, long vacations, and nights out with my best friends. I never get tired of those feelings and I certainly never tire of a well-made margarita.
This margarita recipe will make your night in feel ten times fancier—and way sweeter because you don’t have to change out of your sweatpants to enjoy it. Check out the ingredients below!SEE ALSO
- Kosher salt — & lime wedge, to rim the glass
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila — about 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice — about 1 large or 1 1/2 small limes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice — about 1/2 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar — add 2 if you prefer a sweeter margarita
- Rim the glass: Pour a thin layer of salt onto a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the top edge of your glass to moisten it, then dip the glass into the salt so that it sticks, tapping all the way around. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- For one (or two) drinks: fill a small cocktail shaker with additional ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave. Tightly close and shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds (it’s longer than you think). Strain into the rimmed glass over the ice. Enjoy immediately.
- For a pitcher: In the bottom of a pitcher, stir together the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, and agave (do not add ice to the pitcher). Serve immediately (prepare the glasses as in Step 1) or place a sheet of plastic wrap over the top of the pitcher and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.